How do I set up Beam for my I-Series?
ONLY USE BEAM ON I-SERIES IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO MAKE/RECEIVE PHONE CALLS.
Beam on I-Series, step by step instructions
This guide will show how to set up an I-Series device to use Beam instead of the standard (Betula) bluetooth mobile messaging in Communicator.
It will show how to change the Bluetooth driver and how to change application settings in Communicator to use Beam.
- An I-Series device
- Windows 10 (release 1511/build 10586 or later) (Windows 10 version can be checked using the winver command in Windows)
- Communicator 5.2 (build 8719 or later)
Activate Beam in Communicator
Make sure new version of Communicator is installed
- Run Communicator and exit communicator (this will ensure that config file is updated)
- Open "%appdata%/Tobii Dynavox/Communicator/5/Application/AppSettings.ini" in an editor
- Under [AppSettings] set UseBeamOnISeries=1
- Save the file
- Start Communicator
- Communicator should now use Beam
Change Bluetooth drivers
- Open "Device manager"
- Expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"
- Right click "CSR BlueCore Bluetooth" and choose properties
- Choose driver
- Click "Uninstall driver"
- Check “Delete the driver software for this device” then press "ok"
- Restart the device
- Standard windows driver should now be install. Verify that "Bluetooth settings" is available.