Why can't I program my DISH Network remotes into Communicator?
Note: This article only applies to I-Series devices. DISH Network is not compatible with the I-Series+ or any other devices running Windows 8 or higher because the Tira is only compatible up to Windows 7.
This is applied where the user has an I-Series and a Dish Network satellite system (or other IR system that does not work with the internal GEWA of the I-Series. The IR for Dish Network is not compatible with the GEWA of the I-Series.
Download the ZIPPED Tira Drivers from: http://www.home-electro.com/download/TiraLatestDrivers.zip
Installation of External Tira 2 drivers on I-Series:
1. Copy drivers to device – be sure that they are unzipped.
2. Open Device Manager.
3. Under Other devices, right click Tira-2 and select Update Driver Software.
4. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Navigate to the unzipped location of the Tira drivers
6. Select Next.
7. If prompted with a Windows Security screen, select Install this driver software anyway.
8. Click Close.
9. Under Other devices, right click USB Serial Port and select Update Driver Software.
10. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
11. Navigate to the unzipped location of the Tira drivers
12. Select Next.
13. If prompted with a Windows Security screen, select Install this driver software anyway.
14. Select Close.
15. Check to make sure that there are two Tira entries in device manager as follows:
Under Ports – Tira USB IR Adapter16. Open Tobii Communicator.
Under Universal Serial Bus controllers – Tira IR Adapter.
17. From the Settings pull down menu, select IR Hardware Settings.
18. Select Add.
19. From the Type drop down menu, select Tira2.
20. Select Search.
21. Select OK.
22. Select OK.
23. From the Tools pull down menu, select My IR Remote Controls.
24. In the Name text box, name the remote control.
25. Select Add IR Remote Control.
26. From the IR Unit drop down menu, select Tira2 (COMx).
27. Select OK.
28. Continue to setup and use IR as per normal in Communicator.